- Support production team with various tasks involved in manufacturing of dresses.
- Assist with quality assurance – have a keen eye for garment construction and ensure products are up to standard.
- Executing small sewing and cutting tasks.
- Aid with receiving inventory and the completion of made-to-order garments.
Skills and Experience
- Self-starter – takes initiative and looks for opportunities to improve and address new and existing production needs.
- Diligent – able to handle the challenging environment of production, staying organized and showing resilience to working through all issues that come up.
- Team Player - Participates in building a strong production team centred around teamwork, positivity, productivity, and self-accountability.
- Communication Skills – able to communicate with coworkers and external partners in a professional way.
- Ethically Minded - Cares about ethical fashion practices and keeps that front of mind in the production and factory environment, raising questions, and conversations when necessary.
- Cutting – prior cutting experience would be an asset.
- Microsoft Excel – experience using Excel system an asset.
- Physicality – able to lift 50 lbs. Willing to move heavy fabric rolls and boxes of finished goods
This is a 3-month paid internship. Candidates will be available to work at least three shifts a week, however, there is potential to extend to a more permanent position.
To apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line